A true test for only the very best golfers...
Kilmarnock (Barassie) Golf Club
Kilmarnock (Barassie) links course has been offering golfers a magnificent links golf challenge in Ayrshire since 1887.
Within striking distance of Royal Troon, Prestwick and Turnberry, the course is an Open Championship Final Qualifying venue with a well-deserved reputation for some of the best maintained greens in Scotland. The Club has twenty seven holes with which to test the golfer, complemented by first-rate facilities in the clubhouse and professional’s shop. Kilmarnock (Barassie) Golf Club offers everything golfers would expect from a Scottish seaside golf course; challenging fairways and greens as well as a friendly, welcoming membership.
Over the years Kilmarnock (Barassie) Golf Club has played host to a wide variety of amateur and professional events – the most recent example being staging the 2016 Junior Open run by the R&A in conjunction with The Open at Royal Troon. It has proved to be a test of the very best golfers and many famous names have walked the links.
– 2016 and 2004 Junior Open (R&A)
– 2012 Final Qualifying for 2012 Senior Open Championship
– 2012 Scottish Amateur Strokeplay Championship
– 2010 Boys Amateur Championship
– 2009 Final Qualifying for the Open Championship
– 2007 Scottish Ladies’ Amateur Championship
– 2003 Final Qualifying for Senior Open Championship
– 2001 Ladies’ Amateur Championship
– 2001 Final Qualifying for Amateur Championship
– 2000 European Youths Team Championship